Friday 5 December 2008

Music Cured My Scurvey

Dear Cecil,
Just got home from the 3rd tour of the month (some noisy folk band round England, followed by Shibusashirazu Orchestra and then Cicala Mvta  around Japan). All massive fun, but the experience has left me feeling more than a little bit broken. So, now safely back home in Tokyo, I've realised that this calls for a week of clean living, healthy food (Bellowhead's UK tour left me with a combination of scurvey and gout), and NO BOOZE! This is an unfortunate necessity. A necessity; due to an excess of good cheer and a lack of sleep over the last month on the road. Unfortunate; because my house is currently home to several incredible bottles of rare and delicious sake (more of which later). So, if you'll be so kind as to indulge me, I've decided to take this week easy, pottering around the neighbourhood, shopping and cooking, and sharing it with you.
First of all, I'd like to show something which I came across in my local supermarket. It's a piece of music on a loop next to the refrigerator where they sell "Yume Bento". This is a kind of packed lunch usually sold at train stations, which my supermarket currently has a promotion on. Check it out-

Photobucket
For some strange reason, that music made me feel much better.
Anyway, that's it for the moment, more soon. 
Oh, by the way, I do actually have my own blog here, which I write in from time to time.
Cheers then,
Gid

No comments: