Friday 26 December 2008

Seasons Greetings

Hello again,
I was going to write to you over Christmas but I thought you might have something better to do than read the Bellowhead blog! But I'll fill you in on the last couple of days.
Twas the night before Christmas and in Newcastle town the Rachael McShane Band were still in the studio working hard! You might think I'm a little mean making my band work on Christmas eve...but I did provide everyone with party hats. Some members of the band were full of beans and festive joy...


...some members of the band were up for working hard


...and it was all too much for some people!


After the hard work was over I headed down the road to Yorshire to see my family. We sang a few local Christmas carols at a party...my favourite being While Shepherd's Watched to the tune of On Ilkley Moor Baht 'At. I think I may have been in trouble for singing "The angel of the Lord came down, the angel of the lord came down, baht his trousers on"...but it made me laugh. I like everyone getting together for a good old sing song at Christmas.
It was time to go to bed and hope that we'd been good and that Arfur would pay us a visit. He's called Arfur in my house as I thought his name was Arthur Christmas as a small child but couldn't say Arthur...of Father for that matter! Anyway, my Mum and Dad weren't sure if he would want brandy or whisky so we left both just in case, two mince pies for if he was really hungry and a carrot for Rudolph.



In the morning...he'd been! He must've been hungry as he'd eaten both mince pies, he obviously had a taste for brandy and whisky as both the drinks had gone and the carot was nibbled too! I hope you all had a lovely day.


I thought one day off was quite generous enough, so today (Boxing Day) we're back in the studio for more hard work. We've just realised that all the shops are shut because it's Boxing Day and all we have to eat is jelly beans and a chocolate orange, so if anyone feels like swinging by the studio with some dinner for us it'd be most welcome. Lots to do so I'd better get on!
Bye for now
Rachael x 

No comments: