Saturday 13 December 2008

End of my Week Off

Dear Cecil,
It's been fun sharing my week off with you. It ended last night, when I played another gig with the mighty Shibusashirazu Orchestra, the world's most famous Japanese fisherman's band. I really hope this band will come to England again one day soon (they played Glastonbury a few years back). Until then you'll have to make do with YouTube.
I'll leave you with a couple of pictures of the band in action, taken on my phone. Katayama Hiroaki and Sato Han toot.
Sakamoto Hiromichi applies an angle grinder to the post of his 'cello.
Our dragon.
Toyo and Yamaguchi.
Toyo and Jellyfish.
Kito Akira and the dragon.
Nagoya audience.
Kobe audience.

And also some rather cool Father Christmas cakes I spotted at my local bakery. Merry Christmas and a Peaceful 2009! No doubt I'll be back blogging in due course, but until then, I pass on the baton to ......................

No comments: