Monday 22 December 2008

It's my turn

Well, I'm taking over from Gid so I'll be rambling on at you for a bit this week. I enjoyed hearing what Gid was up to in Japan, drinking Sake and playing tubas he can't afford...he might be on the other side of the world but nothing changes! Unfortunately not all of us have the luxury of time to go off gallivanting...some people have work to do! 
If nobody told you yet, the season of forced jollity, Christmas is upon us. I usually spend a fortnight eating and drinking too much, sitting about doing nothing and getting frustrated at sitting about doing nothing...but not this year! I decided it'd be a great time to start recording my solo album, so Christmas is officially cancelled for the Rachael McShane Band...sorry guys. 
I'm having a day off today though, getting a few things done, wrapping a few presents, writing a string arrangement, eating a truffle or two. My housemate is playing her Christmas Crooners CD...I think she's trying to get me in the spirit! I like to save the joy for Christmas day myself...although I'm having difficulty stopping myself from joining in with 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town'. Our upstairs neighbours don't seem to like it much, there has been some angry stamping and their Stereophonics tape was turned up a few notches.
I popped into the recording studio earlier to check all is OK for tomorrow. They had a couple of fellas in there recording a Christmas single and I was lucky enough to get a little bit of footage to share with you all. You can watch it here.
That's all from me for today, I shall be back tomorrow. Don't forget "he sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake"
Love Rachael Scrooge-McShane x


No comments: